Tuesday 28 April 2009

My Birthday


I'm not a very "Yay! it's my birthday person" I'm nearly always " Argh! I'm a year older and I have accomplished nothing that I wanted to." Needless to say that this day nearly never goes well. Last year was good but this year was better. I was in Barcelona this year (previously described as my dream city). I spent the day walking, staring in awe, rambling, looking curiously and just being happy to see this beautiful city. I tried to figure out the sculptures at Sagrada Familia, I happily tramped around Guell park and generally up and down Las Ramblas. I felt truly happy. So I think this is what I'm gonna do every birthday. Go someplace I have always dreamed of going but never been!

I also had a great surprise! Some of my friends and family under duress by a certain person (you know who you are :D)made videos for me. They sang and wished me happy birthday and said funny things and I was just so happy to see them that it made all the bad crap go away. So Thanks everyone! It was the sweetest thing ever!

PS: thats me eating my fancy cake in a tapas bar somewhere in Barcelona! :)

3 comments:

Jinu Peyeti said...

Oh God Gale soooo glad u r back blogging! and i cant waitttt for u to come back to India!!:D Thats a nice bday resolution though - go some place ive never been to. Sounds damn cool! :)

*huuuuugs*

Galette said...

yay! jinu! im soo glad u noticed! i miss you being online! :(! I cant wait to get back either! you should try too.( the going some place uve never been on ur birthday!)

Umelette said...

Yayy !! Perfect it sounds :) Glad u had a great day !!