Saturday 23 May 2009

Couchsurfin'


A few weeks ago, I spent three days on the couch of someone I had never met before. I just wrote to them before I got there and they very generously opened their apartment to me, made me feel like home, fed me yummy honey and were such good hosts.

I spent the weekend with around 30 random people exploring the city of Montpellier! It was great! To meet different people who have the same motivation: travelling and doing new things! I've always been apprehensive about trying couchsurfing even though I love the idea of it. But I'm glad I did go ahead and try it. It was one of the best weekends I've had in France.

I lost horribly at petanque (my team was fun though!), we danced all night long, we walked around Montpellier and chilled at its beaches, we tasted wine and did not spit any out like we were supposed to, we built sand men and called them sandy and then jumped on him (poor fella) and felt evil! Of course, I proved I was me by losing some stuff along the way but the important things have not been lost yet (like my sanity! hee haa! though sandy is not so sure about that...)

2 comments:

Mayuleee said...

uuuooofff.. wat sanity... we fight to lose our sanity all the time. Its good to be insane sometimes :)

Kenneth Sequeira said...

wow....sounds like a real adventure! I am sure the cycling must have knocked off those extra cals you gained eating that chocolate cake below!
There is no better way to connect with nature and with that traveller within you than to cycle on a road you've never been on before!