Wednesday 17 December 2008

cheap thrills and vampire kills

I just watched what could only be called a teen vampire/romance... blech!
I have always been an avid vampire movie watcher. The dark and the broody with a blood thirst gives me the chills and thrills that I look for in a movie. It's not "intellectual" not really "food-for-thought", more a blood-and-guts-a-scattered, dry humour and exploding heads kind-of-movie style. Call it cheap thrills, I don't care! I love a good vampire movie/show/book!

I've watched a lot of BAD vampire movies coz seriously speaking there aren't many good ones.
Twilight could have been so much better. It had an interesting story line with good-looking brooding "cold ones" but alas no great dialogues, overly-powdered actors, no good action and an end that made me say Who? What? Ugh! Argh! A good end would have saved the movie. But it dived, crashed and burned the 100 year old tree along the way!

I LOVED Buffy the vampire slayer and Angel ( at least when they begun). They were just what I look for : good vampire (sigh) kickass vampire slayer (stake this and that!), sarcastic sidekicks
, exploding heads, crazy good storylines (which got to ONLY crazy in the end). I love that the most powerful person on that show is a teeny tiny girl who plays with her hair, makes goo goo eyes at the resident vampire and then kills the big bad monster. I like that resident vampire has a soul, that the bad can also have some good. I like the stuttering geek in all the characters even though they be of power and all that.

On a tangent, why do vampires wear black though? Don't they know it absorbs more heat? they should wear bright colours to human up their pasty skin! ...hmmph!

(hurriedly coming back to the topic) Of course, It may also be that I was a sighing, acne prone teen back then. But even though I'm a sighing acne prone adult now, I still think it was one of the best vampire based shows I've ever seen!




2 comments:

justfeltlike said...

"sighing acne borne adult now...Hahaha" Cool blog Galette :)

Alison said...

simply love ur style. i 2 am deeply facinated by stuff like dis- vampires, ghosts, hauntings...but i lik readin d stuff. watchin it in forms of movies is usually so stereotypical n disappointin.