Saturday 10 January 2009

Veni, Visa, Vici!

 I have never been much of a shopper. Weight issues just made shopping an ordeal and so I ignored it ( it's what I do to most ordeals). In the days of old, I bought clothes because my old ones had holes in them and they were now visible to the naked eye... The new me just went shopping ALONE for clothes and actually bought something! woohoo! one thing off the list of things to do before I die! 

I can go to a old cramped bookstore and stumble from one bookshelf to another lulled by that old paper smell. I'll buy a pile of  books without thinking twice but buying clothes(for me) is like getting diagnosed with some really embarassing disease: you want a second opinion. Most of my friends hate shopping with me because I'm a pain to shop with :D. I try to take myself outside comfort zones but somehow i create new ones. Even though I'm in a new country by myself, I drag my room mate or friends along everywhere I go.

But today, that changed! I went, I bought, I conquered! Veni, Visa Vici!

(Ok this is a old draft which i forgot to "post")

3 comments:

Umelette said...

FINALLYYY !!! im proud of you !!! Go shopping go !! Heheheh ! Now i can proudly say, i taught you something ;)Allow me to take credit for this !!

Galette said...

Of course you can take credit! Hee!

Mayuleee said...

saarryy.. but i only read one part of the plot... this is an earlier draft