Saturday 28 February 2009

Coming Home


The last four months have been a succession of new experiences, new places and new people. I've been in Perpignan for 5 months now. I didn't think it would start to feel like home. I walk down familiar streets. I see people that I've never met but I know by face and nod and smile. I "bonjour" people like nobody's business. The lady at the supermarket recognises me. These things help that homely feeling.

I came back to Perpignan after a week of vacation. The next day, I met two very good friends and then it truly felt like I was home. We talked, chattered more like. We made crepes (there's nearly always food involved :D) and caught up on vacation details and other updates. It felt like we'd been doing that forever. So the homecoming was sweet!

2 comments:

Umelette said...

Awww i know... im waiting for my friends and here to come back and do the same

Alison said...

hey, i felt d same. i wil definitely miss cold Grenoble!