Monday 2 February 2009

Stretched out

I don't know if it was a good idea or a bad one. But I got up this morning (late as usual). 
I spoke to my friend Mariel yesterday. We made vague plans (according to me) to go to a stretching class. I was feeling lazy (like I always do) but Mariel turned up and was all set to go. Even though I was feeling lazy, I decided to put that aside and be productive! ( like I've been trying to nearly all my life!)

So we go to this class. It's called stretching and man were they not kidding! I stretched muscles that I did not know, existed. There was a lot of balance involved( which I soo do NOT have). I kept kind of falling over to one side. Mariel was doing the exercises like a pro. I was huffing and puffing to try and stretch and keep position. With my head towards the floor, one leg in the ceiling try to support my body weight on my fingers, I thought to myself: Please don't topple. With a soft grunt, I did. Topple over that is. But it was a subtle toppling. No one saw it, I think... 

The end of the class was the best, we just lay down and relaxed. If it was a little longer, I would've fallen asleep! Even though, I felt good after the class, at that time, man I wanted to weep! (tears of pain! hee! ok maybe I'm being a wee bit over dramatic). It also made me realise I'm not in any physical shape to day ANY physical activity. So, I decided, I'm going to continue with this class. I'll stretch till I can't stretch no more!

4 comments:

Jinu Peyeti said...

I have learnt (with whatever little physical training i've done) that the more you stretch, the more you can stretch.

And its awesome that you have made a start... pray that this place stops being so cold so that I can go for my jogs too!

Mayuleee said...

Is this stretching mean u are gyming, eh?

Galette said...

@jinu: everything still hurts

@ mayu: im not gymming. I just went for a class at the uni. and everything still hurts!

Umelette said...

Stretching !!! The only form of stretching i do, is the limit of my credit card ! And that hurts too !!